[seek-dev] ecogrid's put service for SRB is completed

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Mon Aug 23 12:03:58 PDT 2004

Matt and Sid,

I am back to my office and would like to start implementation of Ecogrid
'put' for
Metacat. Would you send me the followings.

1. APIs used for uploading a Metacat document or the metadata for a Metacat
document.

        Basically the 'put' operation in Ecogrid's put service has following
form.
               put(object, objectId, type, sessionId)

        The type can be either 'data' or 'metadata'.
        In Metacat case, I think, the 'object' will be a byte array which is
actually
        the XML string for a XML document or metadata.

2. The usage of  "session ID" in Metacat's uploading function.
3. Latest Metacat jar file.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Bing