[seek-dev] seek/kepler conference call tomorrow

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 18 12:51:56 PDT 2004

Hi,

We agreed in Edinburgh at the SEEK meeting to be targeting an Oct 15th
deadline for a semi-stable Kepler release (beta1) that contains the
major components to satisfy the Ecological Niche Modeling case studies
in SEEK.  We have made progress towards this goal, but I think we are a
bit behind.  I'd like to have a conference call tomorrow to discuss
progress and possibly reprioritize SEEK-related kepler work.

Proposed time: 10:30 am Pacific time Aug 19, 2004

We need at least the principal SEEK contributors to Kepler (Matt, Jing,
Rod, Dan, Chad, and Bertram), and others are welcome.  Please let me
know if this time works for you. If it works generally, I will send
call-in details in a followup email to those who say they want to
participate.  Please send me agenda items, but I would like to discuss
the following items:

1. Ecological Niche Modeling pipeline
	GIS actors status
	GARP and other model actor status
	presampling actors status
	image display actors for GIS data -- outstanding needs?

2. EcoGrid and data access in Kepler
	Metadata query facility changes needed
	Data query implementation status
	Mammal data access -- and metadata -- DIGIR results status
	Environmental data layer access -- and metadata
	Timeline for completion

3. Ontology-based browsing for actors and data
	Java API to sparrow status
	Design and implementation in Kepler status

4. Saving kepler products to EcoGrid
	Prioritization of 'put' interface work

Ilkay would also like to discuss the possibility of another Kepler
mini-hackathon at San Diego appended to the September SEEK meeting. The
last one was very productive for everyone who came, and it might be good
timing to work together for an Oct 15 beta release.

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara