[seek-dev] An issue in gloubs tool kit.

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 21 15:52:30 PST 2003

Hi, everyone:

Just now the talk between Bing and I reminded me of an issue in gt3.

The issue is: when you try to deploy services to tomcat, the
old server-config.wsdd in tomcat/webapps/ogsa/WEB-INF could NOT be
overwritten by new version of it. That will cause the new service couldn't
be found.

To fixed it is very straitforward. The first approach is: run "ant
reDeployTomcat" rather than "ant deployTomcat" command in gt3 home directory. "ant
reDeployTomcat" will delete everything in $tomcat/webapps/ogsa and then
copy them from gt3. But "ant deployTomcat" doesn't delete the files
before copying. So "ant redployTomcat" will make sure the
server-config.wsdd file will be updated. But sometimes we don't want
delete everything in ogsa directory, so we couldn't use it. We have to
use "ant deployTomcat".

If you stick the "ant deployTomcat". The second approach can be used -
modify the build-service.xml file in gt3 home directory.(Don't forget
make a backup copy before you modify it :) )
In target which named "deployWebapp", add a parameter - overwrite="yes" in
the third copy command. The lines will look like:

<copy toDir="${webapps.dir}/ogsa/WEB-INF/" overwrite="yes">
     <fileset dir="./" casesensitive="yes">
       <include name="*.wsdd"/>
     </fileset>
</copy>

Note: the only thing we changed is adding a "overwrite=\"yes\"" in copy
command.

Hope this is helpful.

Jing

Jing Tao