[seek-dev] RE: OGSA version grid-ftp

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 6 19:10:03 PST 2003

Hi, Bing:

Thanks for the suggestion and info. I am looking at RFT and it is an
OGSA based service that provides interfaces for controlling and monitoring
3rd party file transfers using GridFTP server. Basically, client pass a
src and des gridftp url, then the grid service will control the file
transfer.

I already install the grid service (RFT) in my local machine and
successfully transfer file from my local gridftp server  to my local
gridftp sever :). I tried to transfer form my local machine to dev and got some
errors.

I am thinking we can modified the RFT code to achieve our GET method(I
already foud source code). I think there are two parameters will be pass
to GET, one is the document identifier and the other is destination url
(either a gridftp url or file url). Then GET method will do the two steps as you
described(first get the source for Metacat or SRB, then call gridftp JAVA
API to send it). A integer will be returned from GET indicates if the ftp transfer
successes or fails.

The issue I am think is about certicification. Probably it will take some
time to figure out.

Thanks.

Jing

--