[seek-dev] New Organization for SEEK CVS

Rich Williams rwilliams at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 6 11:26:51 PST 2003

Hi Shawn -

The reorganization of the ontologies was much needed, but you are correct
that the Protege projects no longer correctly reference each other.  Also in
Protege v1.x, all projects that reference one another have to be in the same
directory.  Fortunately, Protege 2.0 allows reference across directories.  I
noticed your restructuring yesterday evening, and I am currently switching
all the ontologies over to Protege 2 and fixing all the references.  This
should be checked in later today.  Protege2 is still in beta, but I've been
using it and monitoring the mailing list for bug reports, and it is
reasonably stable.  The only downside is that some of the plugins are not
yet available, but the upside is that stable OWL support is getting close
(namespace support just got added and needs some time to be tested).

Rich