[seek-dev] EcoGrid query interface notes

Dave Vieglais vieglais at ku.edu
Fri Jun 6 14:21:06 PDT 2003

I've posted some notes about the EcoGrid Query API in CVS:

http://cvs.ecoinformatics.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/seek/projects/ecogrid/docs/QueryInterface/queryInterface.html?rev=1.1

Please review the list of methods and their corresponding peudo-types.

It is necessary to resolve a few general assumptions about the
interaction with data sources in the EcoGrid before the formal WSDL and
XSD documents can be generated.  My impression of the EcoGrid data model
is captured in the section "Data Source Model".  Let me know if this
feels correct or otherwise.

Note that these notes do not address writing to the EcoGrid and only
briefly touches on authentication issues (by way of a "securityToken"
passed to methods).