[seek-dev] integrating other data sources with OGSA-DAI

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Fri Jul 18 11:38:23 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Nowell [mailto:jeremy at epcc.ed.ac.uk]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 2:01 AM
To: Bing Zhu
Cc: gridserve at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Subject: Re: how to get OGSA-DAI technical support?

Dear Bing,

> I sent my question via 'ask a question' form in
> the ogsa-dai web site (http://www.ogsa-dai.org.uk/support/query.php) and
> I didn't get any answer.

Apologies for not replying to your first query (about SRB) - that's
entirely my fault.  I passed this on to another member of the team to get
a more authoritative answer but forgot to send you an acknowledgement at
the same time.

In my opinion it would be difficult but probably not impossible to
integrate SRB with OGSA-DAI.  At the moment all access to databases from
OGSA-DAI is done through JDBC, and from a quick look at the SRB website
this doesn't seem to be a possibility.  I see that a Java API is
forthcoming but this is I guess outside the immediate scope of OGSA-DAI
(I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

> Just wonder how to get technical assistance in installing
> the OGSA-DAI?

I'm currently looking at your installation problem that you posted to the
list and will reply shortly.  Everything submitted from the website is
attended to, and also via the support at ogsadai.org.uk email address.

Best Regards,
Jeremy Nowell

--
OGSA-DAI Support provided by the UK Grid Support Centre
email:  support at ogsadai.org.uk
www:    http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/support/
UK GSC: http://www.grid-support.ac.uk/