[seek-dev] EcoGrid meeting

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 17 15:40:40 PDT 2003

Raja, Dave, Bing, Jing, and Peter,

We have confirmed the working developers meeting in Seattle for the
EcoGrid group as we discussed on our last conference call.  This will
follow the LTER All Scientists' Meeting in Seattle.   Here are the
details.

1) please confirm with me that you can make it
2) make plane arrangements for the dates described at least 21 days in
advance to get a good rate
3) You will need to call the hotel to reserve a room -- please do so
next week, indicating you are part of the SEEK EcoGrid group to get the
lower room rate.  Note that you might be able to get an even lower rate
on their web site ($80 for their web special rates right now) -- if you
can, try to do that instead (
http://wynres.wyndham.com/pls/wss/html_ui_search.availability?usr=&gue=&lnm=&PRO=SEAST&cha=WEBRATES&rat=&ref=251111213
).

Thanks.

Where: Wyndham Hotel, Seatac airport, Seattle -- 206-244-6666

Dates: Sept 23-24, 2003  (participants would arrive night of Sept 22 and
depart night of Sept 24 after 5pm). A couple may need to stay an
additional night if they can't get flights in the evening)

Participants:
    Matt Jones (jones at nceas.ucsb.edu)
    Arcot Rajasekar (sekar at sdsc.edu)
    Dave Vieglais (vieglais at ku.edu)
    Bing Zhu (bzhu at sdsc.edu)
    Jing Tao (tao at nceas.ucsb.edu)
    Peter McCartney (peter.mccartney at asu.edu)
    Possibly one additional participant from KU (if hired in time)

An agenda will be produced closer to the date of the meeting.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara