[seek-dev] Status of ecogrid query interface one

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 23 16:25:33 PST 2003

Hi, Matt and other ecogrid folks:

In build.xml create a target to build client lib. Ater running "ant
buildclientlib", you will get a zip file in build/lib dir. This zip file
includes all jar file to run client program. So we can run a client
without gt3 installation. Details please see README file in ecogrid.

Though we don't need to install gt3 to run client. But, the hosts between
which the document will transfer (thought get() method) should installed
gridFtp server. I did some research and found gridFtp server can be
installed without gt3 installation. But I didn't try yet.

There are still some issues in dev.nceas.ucsb.edu for proxy format. It
seem the service in dev couldn't recognize the proxy. Even I tried to use
a tool coming with gt3 - globus-url-copy. I still get some error. I will
still dig on it.

Any comment and suggestion will be appreciated.

Jing

--
Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological