[seek-dev] ecogrid and ogsa-dai

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 25 22:20:13 PDT 2003

Bing,

Thanks for the update.  I did catch your earlier notes, but hadn't
realized that OGSA-DAI was going to be a bad fit with SEEK's needs. I
had a suspicion, but wasn't totally sure.  Your email clarified that so
thanks.

Maybe you could tell us more about the XQuery implementation for SRB.
We hadn't started doing that for Metacat because I htought we had
decided in our last call that it introduced too many new feature
requirements on our target data services?  Was it hard to do for SRB?
Any problems that you can forsee for using it generally for Metacat,
DiGIR, Xanthoria, etc?  I had thought we had dropped back to our
previous architectural plan to use the query api that Dave specified in
the WSDL interface, with a few changes?  Do you still think that's a
good idea?

Raja, Jing, Dave -- what do you think?

As we have a couple of weeks left before the EcoGrid meeting in Seattle
maybe we should have a conference call to see if there's anything that
we should be reviewing and preparing for the meeting.

Matt