[seek-dev] Best practices re. posting images and diagrams in CVS

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at cria.org.br
Tue Apr 15 04:56:55 PDT 2003

    Dear SEEKers,
    I have two comments regarding the use of CVS to store design
documents images and diagrams that might be useful:
    1) People store files on CVS in various formats, and sometimes it is
not obvious from the file extension what is the format or what
application generated the file. It would be helpful to include that
information in the comments (just on the first version would do);
    2) Some developers don't share the same applications that some
others use to generate diagrams or other graphical documents. That is
fine. But it would be useful to generate an copy of the image in jpg or
gif formats besides the original format used (just like Matt did with
the Ecogrid diagram in Adobe Ilustrator and I did with the GARP diagrams
in MS-Visio). That would allow more users to browse the documents. Also,
suggestions for more exchangeable formats are welcome.
    That is about it.
    Happy SEEKing for everyone.

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Scachetti Pereira
Research Manager

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.