[obs] Joining DwC, OBOE, PO and PATO

Shawn Bowers bowers at gonzaga.edu
Thu Oct 28 15:08:20 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure what it means for there to be an Occurrence without an
observer ... I think "observer" though can be treated fairly loosely.
E.g., a sensor could be an observer, or a person who simply knows that
something happened within some temporal and spatial value or range,
without directly observing some or all of the space or the time ...
For instance, within a bird survey the location and date of the bird
observation can also implicitly be considered "observations" within
OBOE (which happen to contextualize the observation of the bird
itself).

Shawn