[kepler-users] More questions on configuration

tog guillaume.alleon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 09:43:28 PST 2008

Dear all,

Sorry for asking again some more questions :)

I have an actor that is using plenty of third-party jars (a lot of
them may collide some existing ones). For example my actor is using
jaxb with a different version than the one located in
/Applications/Kepler-1.0.0/Kepler.app/Kepler/lib/jar/

I am therefore wondering if there is a way to isolate the loading of
dependencies on a per actor basis ?

I have then noticed this file .classpath.default. My understanding is
that this file is containing all the (existing) jars required for the
existing actors.
Does that mean that removing all  these files + the actors definition
located in /Applications/Kepler-1.0.0/Kepler.app/Kepler/kar/actors/
will lead to  a kind of "empty" Kepler ?

Therefore adding an actor is just:
  - creating a kar file putting in
/Applications/Kepler-1.0.0/Kepler.app/Kepler/kar/actors/
  - adding the adequate dependencies in
/Applications/Kepler-1.0.0/Kepler.app/Kepler/lib/jar
  - modifying accordingly the .classpath.default file

Am I right ?

There is then still this issue of being able to use different jars of
the same tools for different actors ?

Best Regards
Guillaume