[kepler-users] a few questions

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 27 08:41:34 PDT 2008

Hi Marc,

See my answers below:

Marc WESSNER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running an evaluation of major wrokflow clients using QSOS method
> (http://www.qsos.org/?lp_lang_pref=en).
> I found many pieces of information on the Kepler website but I still
> miss a few points.
> I wish someone could answer the following questions:
>
> - Is there an identified "quality process" regarding Kepler ?
> (documents, automatic tests...)

We do have some junit tests that run nightly.   More are needed.  All
documents related to kepler can be found in our kepler-docs cvs
repository accessible here:
http://cvs.ecoinformatics.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/kepler-docs/

> - Who owns Kepler's rights ? (a few persons, numerous people, a
> university...)

Kepler is released under the BSD opensource license.  The rights to each
individual source file are those of their author.  You can find a
copyright notice at the top of each source file that describes this.

> - Is there a road map for the developpers (I saw one on the web site but
> it was focused only on the past features) ?

We don't currently have a road map document that I know of.  We are
planning to release Kepler 1.0 sometime this spring, however.

Hope that helps,

chad