[kepler-users] Branching a workflow!

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 16 00:43:38 PDT 2008

One more note: Soon, a number of so-called "COMAD extensions" should be
available from the Kepler repository. In this workflow design model, data
dependent routing and conditional execution can be handled differently
(and arguably at a higher level of abstraction).

The basic idea is that channels transport data collections (think: XML data)
and actors can be configured to work only on certain parts of those data
collections.
In such a setting data dependent routing is no longer a user-concern (or
much less so; a dataflow optimizing compiler takes care of this instead).
Similarly, conditional execution can be replaced by conditional "match
rules" of COMAD actors.

We'll add some references on the underlying model to the kepler web site.
The Kepler COMAD extensions should become available over the next couple of
weeks as well (COMAD gurus, correct me if I'm wrong ;-)

Bertram