[kepler-users] Site Selection

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Apr 28 11:00:28 PDT 2008

Hello Emir,

I believe you are referring to distributed execution.  If that is not
the case, I apologize.  We are currently working on release 1.0 of
kepler, which, unfortunately, will not include distributed execution
capabilities.  We do have an alpha level (experimental) set of
distributed tools for kepler.  We are going to continue development of
this distributed system after the 1.0 release of kepler.

The functionality we currently have allows you to either specify a
single remote site to run on, or the system will distribute the
execution across a number of sites that you specify.  This is done at
the actor level, so, say you have three actors that need to run
distributively.  You could configure one of them to run on a specific
remote server and allow the other two to choose from a pool of available
servers, or you could specify a specific server for each actor.

The functionality does work, but is currently hard to setup and is not
very user friendly.  Like I said earlier, we'll be adding functionality
and upgrading the current functionality after the 1.0 release of kepler
(which should hopefully happen at the end of this week).

Let me know if you have any questions or if I've answered the completely
wrong question :)

chad