[kepler-users] Kepler hosed with bad User Library

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Sun Oct 28 08:51:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

This particular method you are using to add to the actor library is
meant to be used for deployment or to add an actor permanently to the
actor library for distribution of kepler.

A better method is when you have Kepler running, right click on the
actor in the canvas and select "add to library".  You will have the
option of renaming it, sticking it somewhere else in the library, or
creating a new version of the actor if one already exists with the
same name. Thus, existing actors can also be added to the library in
this way. For example, a typical use case is when someone writes a
configured web service actor or R actor, which they give a specific
name, and then add to the library.

We do not have gui support for adding new categories right now.  It
can be done by changing, e.g., the file kepler-component.owl under
kepler/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/ontologies/. But again, this is
meant for creating custom deployments or changing a release version of
Kepler.

-shawn