[kepler-users] Kepler hosed with bad User Library

Kenneth Evans, Jr. evans at aps.anl.gov
Sun Oct 28 07:45:20 PDT 2007

Hi,

I tried adding an actor to the library.  Now I can’t start Kepler.  I get:

Could not set the EntityTeeeModel form the LibraryIndex:: Error building
tree model: Error building tree model: Error building tree model: Error
building tree model: Attempt to insert object named “HelloWorld” into
container named
.<UnnamedObject>.Components.DataInput.WorlflowInput.Constant”, which already
contains an object with that name.

I fixed it by deleting the .kepler directory (while writing this), but I
would rather not have to do that again.

So my questions are:

1. How do you fix up the actor tree without destroying .kepler?
2. How do you _remove_ something from the tree?
3. Is there some way to make a new category like MyActors.

I tried editing .kepler/actorLibrary.  It just overwrote my changes.

        -Ken