[kepler-users] WSDL URL as a parameter in web service actor?

Eric Whitley e-whitley at northwestern.edu
Thu Oct 25 11:48:11 PDT 2007

Hello -

I have a sort of template workflow I'd like to use / repurpose as a
composite actor.

* I'm using a web service actor to do the majority of the "heavy
lifting."
* Within the body of the flow I have the same web service URL being
referenced in ~3 places, but calling different methods to execute
operations (operation1, operation2, operation3).
* I'd like to be able to wrap this up as a composite and be able to
re-use it, but set the destination SOAP endpoint as a parameter of
the composite actor (same workflow and operations, just different
host/service name reference).

I'm wondering if it's possible to pass in a parameter to set the web
service actor's WSDL address as opposed to statically setting it via
the actor preferences panel.  I attempted to do something like

* Define a string parameter (serviceWSDLURL)
* Pop $serviceWSDLURL into the wsdlURL property

Doesn't seem to like that - the URL (at least for me) appears to want
to evaluate to the literal string "$serviceWSDLURL"  I understand how
this would confuse the component - it would not be able to identify
operations, inputs, outputs, etc.

Any suggestions on if / how to create a dynamic end point?  Or should
I look at this problem a different way?

OS: Mac OS X 10.4.10 (intel)
Kepler: daily build from October 22, 2007 (also tried on beta 3)

Thank you,
Eric