[kepler-users] problem in converting to composite actor

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 25 12:10:59 PDT 2007

In general, you rarely need an SDF director inside a composite actor
if the outside is SDF.  I haven't looked at your model, but making
the composite actor "opaque" (by putting a director in it) means
that it must fire through a complete iteration all at once. I suspect
your model is deadlocking as a consequence.

Try just removing the inside director.

Edward

At 06:44 AM 7/25/2007, [BE] Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I try to convert my working workflow to composite actor but it is not executing properly as composit actor. Simply the actor converts the files from grib to netcdf format in specified folder. Each of the files are converted one by one. If i use the composite actor version, it only converts first file and stops. I use the SDF director in both composite actor and main model. Is there anybody who execute or construct this kind of workflow. I will also attach the composite (grib2netcdf) and non-composite (dataconv) version of the workflows just for see the implementation is right or wrong. it could not run because of the missing required commands and input files.
>
>best regards,
>
>Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu
>Istanbul Technical University
>Informatics Institute

Edward A. Lee
Chair of EECS and Robert S. Pepper Distinguished Professor
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
phone: 510-642-0253, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal