[kepler-users] matlab expression problem

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 4 08:00:15 PST 2007

Try running the Matlab interface from within Ptolemy by invoking
$PTII/bin/vergil -jni.
You may need to build Ptolemy from sources to get $PTII/bin/vergil -jni
to work.
The reason is that the Java Native Interface (JNI) is buggy.
"$PTII/bin/vergil -jni" starts up .exe file created from C code
(sources are in $PTII/jni/launcher) which then invokes Java.
This seems to work a little better for JNI code.

I'm not sure how to invoke the launcher from Kepler.

_Christopher

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        US Mail: 558 Cory Hall #1774
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480  (office: 400A Cory)

--------

    Hi,
    I am making workflows for my lab in KEPLER. Now I have a task in which I ha
   ve to run a matlab script which actually shows a GUI. I tried with MatlabExp
   ression by

    giving expressions as : path to .m file
    executable path : path to matlab executable

    but each time I run this workflow I got message like "something gone wrong
   with matlab" etc.
    even I tried very simeple expressions which does'nt create some GUI e.g.
    answer=ones(4)
    still I used to get the same error

    can someone plzz tell me what I am missing or if you can suggest alternativ
   es it would be gr8

    Best Regards,
    Yasir.