[kepler-users] Repost - web service actor doesn't work after reopen an exsting workflow (reconfiguration needed)

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Thu Feb 1 15:10:30 PST 2007

Hi izabell,

Comments below...

On Feb 1, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Izabell Caraconcea wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a similar question to Karen's question.
> I'm a new user of Kepler...and I'm wondering why the output token
> is always of String type. There is only one cast component, from
> String to Int. What about String to Double?

Double had a problem related to double and float being represented
with one token in Ptolemy. It needs to be fixed to store which type
did we cast it to the Ptolemy token type. I just didn't get a chance
to fix this yet.

> Another question is related to file reading. Is it true that no
> component is able to read a data file with several columns? I could
> only find a line reader, but the result is returned as a string
> (which is not useful, when the content is mixed)

You can tokenize the output line  (string) using the spaces using the
expression actor. Would this help?

-ilkay

--
Ilkay ALTINTAS
Assistant Director, National Laboratory for Advanced Data Research