[kepler-users] Null Error in importing web services in the Webservice actor

Ming George mgeorge72 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 02:21:29 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I am playing with the web service actor of the Kepler (alpha v9). I tried to import a web service, which is an example with the apache Axis distribution, called echo; the WSDL file is attached (in unicode encoding) and also online at: http://146.50.1.233:8080/axis/services/echo?wsdl.

I faced some errors:

[1] If the return type of the port is an array; an error message “null There was an error when configuring the actor web services” occurs. Using the attached WSDL file, error occurs when I import echoIntArray, echoFloatArray methods etc.
[2] For normal date types, or even 2D string array (echo2DStringArray method), this error DOES NOT occur;
[3] I can invoke the service properly using a standalone java application;

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

George

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.