[kepler-users] New at Kepler

Rafael Kawakami rafaelhk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 05:30:10 PST 2006

Dan,

I launched using the 'Kepler_alpha9.exe'. I tried the .bat file, but it
didn't work either( java 1.5.0_06).
But, after deleting the folder .kepler, it worked :D

Another doubt: I used version alpha6, last years, and i was trying to
display some data in a text display, like i did in the older version. I am
having a lot of "NullPointerException" and "emprtyString". Is it normal?

Thanks for the help!

On 3/14/06, Dan Higgins <higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> Rafael,
>    This might depend on how you launched Kepler. There is a
> 'Kepler_alpha9.exe' program that should use the included java jre. There
> is also a 'kepler.bat' file. If you used that, it would use whatever
> version of java the OS finds (You can try 'java -version' from the
> command line to find out.) If you happen to be using jre 1.4.1 there may
> indeed be a problem (jre 1.4.2 is the version included).
>
>     The other thing to try is to delete the .kepler directory which can
> be found in the directory
> "C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>". and start Kepler again.
>
> Dan
>
> Rafael Kawakami wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > I'm using Kepler-alpha9 with jre, under Windows XP Professional. I was
> > wondering: i have the Jre 1.4.1 and JSK 5.0 on this machine, with the
> > variables set to use them. Could it be it? Does Kepler depends on the
> > variables on the machine?
> >
> > Rafael Hideo Kawakami
> > Universidade de São Paulo
> >
> > On 3/14/06, *Dan Higgins* <higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
> > <mailto:higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu> > wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Rafael,
> >         I just tried the " eml-simple-plot.moml"  using the
> Kepler-alpha9
> >     release on a Windows machine and it seems to work OK. What version
> of
> >     Kepler are you using and what OS are you running under?
> >
> >     Dan Higgins
> >     NCEAS
> >
> >     ---
> >
> >     Rafael Kawakami wrote:
> >
> >     > Hello,
> >     >
> >     > I was trying to use Kepler, running some examples and trying to
> make
> >     > some kind of "Hello World". I came across a lot of exceptions and
> >     > errors. Most of the examples didn't run correctly. For example,
> >     the "
> >     > eml-simple-plot.moml" had an error in the "Datos meteriologicos"
> >     data,
> >     > and didn't plot the graph.
> >     >
> >     > ptolemy.actor.TypeConflictException: Type conflicts occurred in
> >     > .eml-simple-plot on the following inequalities:
> >     >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> >     > Meteorologicos.DEW}, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> >     > {.eml-simple-plot.XY Plotter.inputX}, double)
> >     >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> >     > Meteorologicos.BARO}, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> >     > {.eml-simple-plot.XY Plotter.inputY}, double)
> >     >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> >     > Meteorologicos.trigger }, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> >     > {.eml-simple-plot.Datos Meteorologicos.DEW}, unknown)
> >     >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> >     > Meteorologicos.trigger}, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> >     > {.eml-simple-plot.Datos Meteorologicos.BARO }, unknown)
> >     >
> [...]

Att,
Rafael Hideo Kawakami