[kepler-users] Zero-delay loop in DE domain

Maurice Yarrow myarrow at nortel.com
Wed Jan 18 11:59:12 PST 2006

Hello Kepler Users

I have what I call a negotiated loop involving three actors.  The is
negotiated in the sense that as a result of a test it can only do one
go-around:

ActorA   sends event to   ActorB  which requests info from   ActorC
which responds with the requested info to   ActorB,   which based on
this info, sends a request to   ActorA   for an action.

Well, no question about it, there is a loop here, but what do I need to
do to avoid this "Zero-delay loop"?

In other such situations, I set a global flag ("parameter") in one actor
and from another unconnected graph in that actor, polled and read that
flag and then acted on the contained information.   But in this case,
immediate servicing of the original event is required.  Polling in not
an option here.

Any help most welcome.

Maurice Yarrow
Nortel Networks Research Labs