[kepler-users] kepler interface to JXTA or P2PS

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 29 16:30:36 PST 2005

There are some Ptolemy actors that use jxta
in ptII/ptolemy/actor/lib/jxta
They have never been released so I can't speak to how complete they
are, or if they even work!

_Christopher

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        US Mail: 558 Cory Hall #1770
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2739	      Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480  (office: 400A Cory)

--------

    Hello Kepler users

    Is there presently any way to interface
    Kepler to either JXTA or P2PS ?

    I.e.: I would like to write autonymous
    cli-servs-peers (have properties of both
    client and server) that can communicate
    with the director of a running Kepler instance.

    My goal is not well served by using Web
    Services for a variety of reasons, so
    the above model will allow more flexibility
    for the type of real-time conduct I require.

    (Triana supports this but Kepler would be a
    preferred platform for a variety of reasons.)

    Also apropos of this issue, what is the status
    of the line item in Alpha 8 (Dec 9 release
    indicated): "initial kepler grid support for
    distributed directory/p2p" ?

    Maurice Yarrow