[kepler-users] Ecoinformatics CVS account - Kepler

Seguin, Ralph P ralph.p.seguin at lmco.com
Tue May 17 15:37:40 PDT 2005

Hi.
Thanks for the access.
I'll get around to checking things out soon, after I get Kepler working with our actors/components.
Is there a quickstart doc somewhere that describes the process of putting your actors into Kepler?

Also, it looks like the web services actor, the WSDL URL is strictly a static pulldown menu of choices rather than allowing a typein (in addition)

I'm under the gun timewise for a demo, so sorry for the
late notice.

I'm having trouble getting something that works in Ptolemy
II (4.0.1) to work in Kepler.
I have a .jar file and some component description files
(.xml) that worked fine for Ptolemy II
(MyUserLibrary.xml), or through the Graph->ImportLibrary,
 Graph->Save In Library items.

However, if I do this in Kepler, no go (nothing shows up
in the component tree at least).
I put the .jar file in the right place (I believe).

I've been poking around in the Kepler tree under
configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler
and I was looking at annotations.owl and ontology.owl, and
I believe that I could hack these things in by hand, if
need be, but I'd prefer to do it right.

Sooo... what is the appropriate means of having your
components/actors show up in the Kepler GUI?

Thanks.
-Ralph
seguin at lmsal.com
rpseguin at gmail.com