[kepler-dev] Kepler Archive (Kar) file documentation

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 13 15:49:10 PST 2008

Hi Erick,

KSW is what we used to call KAR files.  Any documentation that refers to
KSW should be valid for KAR.  We know there should be way more
documentation on the format, but I think you've found the two main
developer resources.  You can also look in the user manual that ships
with Kepler for more user oriented information.

The KAR format will probably be changing somewhat in the next year or
so, as we are going to redesign the object manager in Kepler to do
smarter loading of actors, resources and their dependencies.  When we
make these changes, we're intending to revamp the documentation for the
KAR files and also have an actor development kit that will ease the
workload of building new actors.

Sorry I can't give you more info, but if you have any questions, feel
free to send them to this list or jump on IRC or iChat (AIM).  I'm
cwberkley on AIM.

chad