[kepler-dev] SVN or GIT

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat May 24 17:41:29 PDT 2008

At 12:36 PM 5/24/2008, David Welker wrote:
>How hard is Git to use from the command line? Would it be unreasonable
>to have people switch to the command line to checkout and commit?

I would be opposed to this.

In Eclipse, I routinely review checkins in key packages
of Ptolemy II.  The diff mechanism of Eclipse is essential
for this.  I don't groc command-line diffs...

So losing this capability would result in reduced quality
in the core of Ptolemy II, since if I can't easily check
the checkins, I won't...

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Chair of EECS and Robert S. Pepper Distinguished Professor
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
phone: 510-642-0253, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Faculty/Homepages/lee.html