[kepler-dev] error uploading actor to repository

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 19 10:58:06 PDT 2008

Eric,
You might try manually inserting a test EML document into your Metacat
instance.  A very direct way to do this would be to use the "dev"
skin.  (I'll use localhost for my example URLs.)

First login to metacat (this will work with your new auth interface
implementation):
http://localhost:8080/knb/style/skins/dev/login.html
Then try to insert a sample document (paste XML into the first text
area, but leave the DTD box blank):
http://localhost:8080/knb/style/skins/dev/loadxml.html

If this is a brand-spankin'-new installation of Metacat, make sure
you've run the "register-schemas" ant target so that your Metacat can
locate the EML schemas for validation when inserting the documents
(it's an often overlooked step in the installation).

-ben