[kepler-dev] error uploading actor to repository

Eric Magaha ericmagaha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:47:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am encountering an error dialog when trying to upload an actor to an
external repository.

I have my own installation of metacat/ecogrid running on a private network.
I wrote a custom Authentication class instead of using LDAP.  That works.  I
login and kepler asks me "Would you like your component to be publicly
accessible in the library?".  I select yes, and after a brief progress bar I
get an error dialog as follows:

There was a problem uploading the data: java.rmi.RemoteException: <?xml
version="1.0"?>
<error>
Error in processing EML.
</error>