[kepler-dev] metacat question

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 19 09:49:29 PDT 2008

Eric,
It looks like your EcoGrid authentication service is not finding your
Metacat instance.  Is "http://path/to/myServer:8080/knb/metacat"
literally returned in the error, or did you replace your server name
to protect it's location when sending to the list?  That url needs to
be correct (of course).

You can test the Metacat portion of your new AuthInterface with a
simple request to the servlet:
http://your_host_name/knb/metacat?
action=login&username=leinfelder&password=blank

The EcoGrid portion looks up the Metacat URL from a metacat.properties
file (different from the main metacat.properties file).  This one is
in your_context/WEB-INF/classes directory and should have only one
line that specifies the metacatURL.  This is created and packaged as
part of the EcoGrid build.

hope that points you in a good direction
-ben