[kepler-dev] Map / Dictionary Actor

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 7 11:55:17 PST 2008

Hi Ian,
    I do not know of an actor that does exactly what you describe.
However, it struck me that the Ptolemy 'record' data type is basically
just a HashMap/Dictionary. And the RecordUpdater actor does let you
build/extend a record (i.e. a Dictionary). Note also that there is a
'get' method in the RecordToken object that allows one to search a
record by key. So, in any case, you might want to consider using a
'record' in building a Dictionary actor.

Dan Higgins

----