[kepler-dev] Smaller Version of Ptolemy for Kepler

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 30 08:22:13 PDT 2008

Hi David,
I cleaned up the dependencies of the Ptolemy Kore packages,
but have not done much other than that.  The Subversion work
consumed quite a bit of time, I still have more to go, primarily
setting up email.

My intention is to fix up dependencies between the packages so
that it is easier to pick and choose packages.  We were thinking
of moving ptolemy.kernel.util.Nameable into a separate package
so that we can break dependency that graph has on kernel.util.

Moving other interfaces into separate packages could help with
extensibility.  However, there are other ways to provide
extensibility, so I'm taking a wait and see attitude.
Looking at OSGi and Netbeans is on my short list.

_Christopher