[kepler-dev] Tagging and Branching

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Jun 20 16:07:02 PDT 2008

Hi Christopher,

Yes that's the current understanding and is how we should be using the
Kepler repository.
Tags are static and should only be used to record the history of releases.
I am not sure that has always been the case in the past.  I have
suggested to Matt that we clean up the  historical branches and tags to
clarify the names a bit.  (for example the KEPLER_BRANCH_1_0_0 should
probably be renamed to avoid confusion).

We had updated the Kepler RELEASE-BRANCH-1-0-0 since releasing and
realized a tag for the release was never created.  RELEASE-TAG-1-0-0 was
copied from revision 7256 which was the revision that got released as
Kepler 1.0.0 on May 12th.  It should not be changed.

Aaron