[kepler-dev] ptII to maven work

Tristan King tristan.king at jcu.edu.au
Thu Jun 12 00:26:17 PDT 2008

Hi all,I've been putting in some work to get ptII into maven. Currently I've
got it compiling but am still working on some problems getting it to run.

I've created a pom.xml a patch for the ptII tree which can be found, along
with install instructions, here:
https://www.hpc.jcu.edu.au/git/?p=jc124742/ptII-maven.git;a=summary
you can either get it by downloading the snapshot from the above site or get
it with git:
git clone git://git.hpc.jcu.edu.au/jc124742/ptII-maven.git

One problem with converting to maven is there is no way (please correct me
if i'm wrong, please!) to exclude specific source files if the jar
dependencies are missing. maven just wants to compile everything. This is
the reason i made a make target to copy all the compilable code into a maven
source structure. I don't think this is a bad thing, as most of the optional
dependencies are for actor libraries and other optional stuff which i think
should eventually be separated out into their own maven projects.

For those interested or willing to help with the execution:
i've been playing with the following pluging
http://mojo.codehaus.org/exec-maven-plugin/
the attached text file contains the build plugin to add to the pom.xml (i've
not pushed my changes to the central server yet, cause they don't work)
along with the stack trace produced by "mvn exec:exec". Any help or
suggestions are more than welcome.

--
Tristan King
Research Officer,