[kepler-dev] Conversion of Ptolemy II Tree to SVN this week

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 11 18:38:19 PDT 2008

Hi Derik,

I'm not familiar with svn property sets.

At about 5:30 PM PDT, I did end up making the ptII svn repository
writable by the cvs Unix group, so it might not have been writable
before by anyone but myself before that time:

I was just able to set a foo property on $PTII/makefile

bash-3.00$ svn propset foo bar makefile
property 'foo' set on 'makefile'
bash-3.00$ svn proplist makefile
Properties on 'makefile':
  foo
bash-3.00$

I did not use --default-eol=native when I did the conversion using
cvs2svn.  If this is required, then the docs of cvs2svn need to be
updated and I may need to rerun the conversion.

How would I tell if all the files are binary?

I think we are ok, $PTII/makefile does not have a mime-type,
but a binary jpg does.

bash-3.00$ cd $PTII
bash-3.00$ svn propget svn:mime-type makefile
bash-3.00$ svn propget svn:mime-type doc/img/PtolemyII.jpg
application/octet-stream
bash-3.00$

_Christopher
--------

    Hi Christopher and Kepler developers,

    We're delaying a bit with our transition to SVN to do a little more
    testing.
    If we don't hit any problems tonight we'll lock kepler and kepler-docs
    CVS and do the move tomorrow morning.

    So if everyone could plan on *not* using kepler and kepler-docs CVS in
    the morning, that would be appreciated.

    One note Christopher: I notice files in the new ptII SVN don't have
    properties viewable with e.g the svn proplist command. My guess is
    this is because you didn't use --default-eol=native in your
    conversion, thus treating all files as binary(?). Which is a safer
    route for conversion to avoid repository corruption, but now the
    properties are not available. I haven't thought through what the
    ramifications of this are, but I wanted to bring it up to get your
    thoughts.

    Derik