[kepler-dev] Semantics

maliha aziz maliha.aziz at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 15:00:56 PDT 2008

Hi

where can i read more information about the Semantic Mediation
System(SMS) implemented in Kepler. WHich brings me to my next qeustion.
Is it implemented in kepler or is it a 'work in progress' because I
downloaded kepler and tried the "Semantic type annotation" thingy but
as there are no underlying ontologies ( im saying there are none
becuase i dont see any... just a few custom made deifinitions are
visible).

Are there any good papers/writeups etc out there to see how kepler does resource discovery etc. I found a good presentation "Semantic Mediation in SEEK/Kepler: Exploiting
Semantic Annotation for Discovery, Analysis, and  Integration of Scientific Data and Workflows" By
Shawn Bowers and Bertram Ludäscher but Im not sure what they talk about
in their presentation is actually implemented or they are still working
on it.

Thanks

Maliha Aziz