[kepler-dev] charter for architecture project

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 4 14:33:35 PDT 2008

Hi Tim,

Looks good on the charter.  I've spent a little time looking at UML
diagramming.  I tried Papyrus with Eclipse and Netbeans UML
diagramming.  Netbeans UML is definitely way ahead and I think it would
make a good common tool for us on any UML work that we end up doing.  It
does reverse engineering of existing code and can generate code from
models as well.

I've attached a quick use case diagram and a component diagram that
includes some more detail about the solution that I have been
exploring.  Also, the Netbeans UML project used to create those images.
I've also attached an updated presentation as background for everyone.
My thinking on how to handle the build system has changed substantially
- see slide 7.  Hopefully David and others on the list will have some
feedback on this.

Aaron