[kepler-dev] updates on ptII maven and actor.io work

Tristan King tristan.king at jcu.edu.au
Mon Jul 21 23:31:42 PDT 2008

Hi All,
I've updated my ptII maven conversion to work up to revision 50157, and also
made a few changes to how my actor.io prototype is built.

Rather than being a separate branch of ptII i've now made it an extension
which uses my maven build of ptII, which i hope will help to sell both the
ideas. It should be relatively easy to build kepler in the same way.

the maven conversion details are at
http://www.hpc.jcu.edu.au/git/?p=jc124742/ptII-maven.git;a=tree
The README.txt details how to preform the conversion yourself (note that if
you're using a revision other than 50157 you may have problems). I've also
started a ptII-maven-presentation.ppt to outline my experience (take a look
at the compile time differences in the Demo slide).

the actor.io extension is here:
http://www.hpc.jcu.edu.au/git/?p=jc124742/ptII-actorio.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/master;hb=master
The README.txt file contains instructions. There is also an
actor-io-presentation.ppt file which is a draft presentation to try sell the
idea.

the SWT example I did has also been updated to use the actor.io extension.
http://www.hpc.jcu.edu.au/git/?p=jc124742/ptII-swt.git;a=tree
This can be used as an entry point and doesn't require you to manually
download all the previous packages to make it work.

Cheers,
-Tristan

--
Tristan King