[kepler-dev] Weka actors - experimental release

Peter Reutemann fracpete at waikato.ac.nz
Tue Aug 26 23:28:45 PDT 2008

Hi Matt

> That's very exciting that you've done all of that with Weka.  It seems like
> a tool that could be very useful across a number of disciplines.
>
> One thing we've been working on is a new framework for creating a more
> modular system for designing and packaging Kepler extensions.  One of our
> goals is explicitly this use case -- to ship a set of actors and their jar
> dependencies that can be loaded at runtime into Kepler and not have any
> namespace or jar versioning conflicts.  We're currently experimenting with
> this system and I was wondering if you'd be willing to let us (and help us)
> package your Weka actors as an extension that could be used in this new
> Kepler framework as it evolves.  We'd also welcome your commentary on what
> would make for a good system for developing actors and packaging them
> separately from the Kepler kernel. What do you think?  If you like this
> idea, we could create a new extension area for the weka actors in the Kepler
> SVN tree and then work on the packaging needed to make this into a
> standalone extension.

Count me in! :-) Is there some documentation available that I could
take a look at?

Comments for this framework:
- dynamic addition of icons
- dynamic extension of the ontologies (adding projects and actors)

Currently, not knowing any better, I modified the owl files and icon
properties files that Kepler comes with.

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/ Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174