[kepler-dev] subclassing actors: ptolemy.actor.lib.MonitorValue

Paul Allen pea1 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 15 10:13:46 PDT 2008

I've answered my own question: The cool GUI functionality comes from an
property in the MOML file in the definition of the MonitorValue <entity>

<property name="_icon" class="ptolemy.vergil.icon.UpdatedValueIcon">
    <property name="attributeName"
class="ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute" value="value">
    </property>
    <property name="displayWidth" class="ptolemy.data.expr.Parameter"
value="displayWidth">
    </property>
</property>

I'm wondering which documentaiton I ignored that would have told me this.