[kepler-dev] subclassing actors: ptolemy.actor.lib.MonitorValue

Paul Allen pea1 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 15 09:25:52 PDT 2008

I'm trying to add some additional functionality to
ptolemy.actor.lib.MonitorValue. I created a subclass BAPMonitorValue
that does nothing but have the BAPMonitorValue(CompositeEntity
container, String name) constructor calling, super(container, name).
When I open Kepler and use Tools->Instantiate Component and add my actor
to the work area, my actor looks completely different from the normal
MonitorValue actor.

Here's the question: How does ptolemy.actor.lib.MonitorValue get its
look and GUI functionality (i.e., showing it's current value)? It's not
defined in the ptolemy.actor.lib.MonitorValue class (or super classes)
as far as I can tell.

-Paul