[kepler-dev] Building Actors

Kenneth Evans, Jr. evans at aps.anl.gov
Sat Oct 27 12:14:06 PDT 2007

Ian,

>> I have also had a lot of success with the Python Script actor.

I don't find any Python actor in Kepler using Search.  It is mentioned in
lib/demos.htm but the link is broken (most of them are broken).

It does appear in kepler.jar.

I was unable to get it using "Instantiate Component" using
ptolemy.actor.lib.python.PythonScript and a blank URL.  I apparently don't
know how to use "Instantiate Component" correctly and haven't found any
documentation for it.  Do you know the procedure?

Do I need to have installed Jython to use it?

Can I run Vergil from the Kepler installation or do I have to install
Ptolemy?

Why do you think all your actors will work "out of the box" in Kepler?

Thanks,

        -Ken