[kepler-dev] Kepler Web UI?

Tristan King tristan.king at jcu.edu.au
Mon Oct 22 16:39:17 PDT 2007

Hey Chad,

from the standard workflow view there is no execute.

The "workflow" for this service is currently something like this:

1. superuser (i.e. lab assistant, or other kepler savy user) creates
workflow in kepler.
2. superuser uploads workflow to web service
3. superuser creates template from workflow on web service
4. user (i.e. scientist) logs into web service
5. user selects template
6. user fills in template form and submits a job
7. job runs -> finishes
8. user view results.

Note that i've done most of this without any user requirements, so if
you have any critisisms or suggestions please feel free to unleash them
on me, i could use the feedback :)

I've just now finished putting together the proof of concept job
submittion. So you can now click on one of the templates in the
"Available Templates" section (or create your own from the available
workflows, or even upload your own workflow), fill in the form and
submit. The job will then show up in the "Jobs" section, and when listed
as "DONE" you can view the results.
I've built actors to replace the Display, and XYPlotter actors with
actors that store results on the system. These actors are automatically
replaced by actors using a MoMLFilter so there's no need to modify
workflows specifically for the service.

Again, i've just now finished this off, so excuse (and please report)
any Errors that you run into.

Thanks
-Tristan