[kepler-dev] [kepler-users] SDF Firing Order

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 26 19:22:28 PST 2007

Dan (an everybody else):

I think we all benefit if there are fewer actors with more
functionality.  I'm very willing to (try to) keep up with request
to include functionality into Ptolemy II (such as the output port
of FileWrite, which I presume is there precisely to address firing
order issues that Ken has raised... if so, this is totally worthwhile).

I confess that I don't keep up with all the updates to the Kepler
tree, but please, don't hesitate to send me requests for enhancements
in the Ptolemy tree.  I will try to keep up with those, at least...
When we can reduce the total number of actors, we all benefit...

So for example, rather than creating a minor variant of an actor we
have, send me your suggested modification. I do want to take a look
for a sanity check, or have someone else take a look (we've
definitely gotten some off-the-wall enhancement
requests), but supporting Kepler is a top priority, so we'll
do what we can...

Edward