[kepler-dev] [kepler-users] SDF Firing Order

Kenneth Evans evans at aps.anl.gov
Mon Nov 26 12:16:59 PST 2007

Hi,

As I said before, in Kepler when I use a FileWriter from the list at the
left, the Description says org.geon.FileWrite, but the code that is running
is really in ptolemy.actor.lib.io.  I know this from debugging.  So I am
confused.

I am trying to avoid writing actors that add little details like "an port
that outputs the file path" as I think it leads to more confusion.  However,
that approach doesn't solve the problem of having things work as you want
(or need) them to.  Fortunately, Edward fixed the FileWriter, at least the
one in ptolemy.actor.lib.io.LineWriter.  It's nicest when it happens that
way.

I also note that is a nice fix, but I am still having problems with firing
order with SDF and now with DDF.

Also my ptII build in Eclipse now has errors (after doing a CVS update to
get Edward's changes):

Severity and Description	Path	Resource	Location
Creation Time	Id
The method _isCloseToIfNilArrayElement(Token, Token, double) is undefined
for the type PublisherTest	ptII/ptolemy/actor/lib	PublisherTest.java
line 219	1196107937711	1944703

Severity and Description	Path	Resource	Location
Creation Time	Id
The method _isCloseToIfNilRecordElement(Token, Token, double) is undefined
for the type PublisherTest	ptII/ptolemy/actor/lib	PublisherTest.java
line 224	1196107937711	1944704

Severity and Description	Path	Resource	Location
Creation Time	Id
The method getFileName(FileParameter) in the type FileReader is not
applicable for the arguments (FilePortParameter)
ptII/ptolemy/codegen/c/actor/lib/io	LineWriter.java	line 93
1196107933539	1944499

Do I need to do something?  I do seem to get the fixed FileWriter and have
successfully changed the workflow example I previously sent.

Thanks,

        -Ken