[kepler-dev] Installation ?

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 5 15:36:35 PST 2007

Kenneth,
    The files that get transferred to WINDOWS/system32 are some
libraries used by a few Kepler actors that happen to use a JNI
connection to C/C++ code. The simple zip file does not put these files
in the correct location. The other limitation (that I can think of at
the moment) is the modification to the path done by the installer to
make sure R is on the path (and can be started up when needed by an
RExpression actor). A full blown installer can do these additional
tasks. Or, of course, you could include a one-time script with the zip
to take care of such details.)

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195