[kepler-dev] Installation ?

Kenneth Evans evans at aps.anl.gov
Mon Nov 5 15:15:53 PST 2007

Dan,

That was very helpful.

1. I tried the targets 'autobat' and 'autobat_sh'.  They made
auto_kepler.bat and auto_kepler.sh.

2. I copied my checkout, done on Windows, to a Linux machine.

3. I got it to run without too much trouble.  In auto_kepler.sh I had to
change:

    a. Make auto_kepler.sh executable.
    b. Change the line KEP=${0%kepler.sh} -> KEP=${0%auto_kepler.sh}
    c. Change the CLASSPATH . -> ./bin

It mostly worked -- even a web service.  I did have a few problems, which
I'll have to look into more before bothering people.

If you want double-clickable on Windows, you can make a shortcut with the
BAT file as the target.  I had already done this with a BAT file I modified
from kepler.bat so I would not have to run from Eclipse.  (I probably should
have started with auto_kepler.bat, as that would have the correct CLASSPATH,
had it changed.)  I could not find a Kepler .ICO file so I used ptiny.ico
for the shortcut.

What about the files that get written to WINDOWS\system32 during the build?
They won't have got transferred.

Thanks a lot for the guidance.

        -Ken