[kepler-dev] Question on linking two multiports

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri May 4 12:27:37 PDT 2007

Another trick is to place a relation between the two, connect
the relation to either port, then right click on the relation and set
the width.  The width will be displayed numerically next to the
relation.

This called a bus relation, it was introduced with this change
to ptolemy/vergil/kernel/RelationController.java:
> revision 1.23
> date: 2005/06/27 23:01:56;  author: eal;  state: Exp;  lines: +32 -3
> Display bus relations better.

This change is present in Ptolemy II 6.0.  I'm not sure about 5.0

See also
http://www.mail-archive.com/ptolemy-hackers@bennett.eecs.berkeley.edu/msg00271.html

I'm not sure why we don't display the width of links.  It could be
because links are not first class objects?  We can set the width of
a link to values other than 1, but there is no obvious change.  I
believe Edward had a fix for this, but it was lost.

_Christopher

Norbert writes:
--------

    Hi Ilkay,

    Yes, there is. You should set the single link's width to the desired
    number. I am not sure if current kepler allows you to double click on a
    link, but you can edit the xml file and edit the width property's value in

       <relation name="relation" class="ptolemy.actor.TypedIORelation">
           <property name="width" class="ptolemy.data.expr.Parameter" value="2"

           </property>
       </relation>

    of the given relation/link.

    Best regards
    Norbert

    On Fri, 4 May 2007, Ilkay Altintas wrote:

    > Hi Hackers,
    >
    > Is there a way to send a group of data channels from a multiport to
    > another multiport in a single relation, i.e., without having to
    > create multiple links between them?
    >
    > Thanks on advance,
    > -ilkay

          Norbert Podhorszki